Preserve Marriage Washington launched a TV ad to explain the consequences of changing marriage and urging viewers to reject R-74.
- Referendum 74 is not about equality.
- Gays and lesbians already have the same legal rights as married couples.
- R-74 redefines marriage. But marriage is more than a commitment between adults. It was created for the care and well-being of the next generation.
- When laws like 74 have occurred elsewhere, people who disagree have faced lawsuits, fines and punishments.
- You can oppose same-sex marriage and not be anti-gay.
- Don't redefine marriage.
- Reject R-74.
According to the Seattle PI, activists for segregating genders in marriage have five times more money to spend than Preserve Marriage which is working to preserve pro-gender marriage.
Preserve Marriage, which pushed to get the referendum on the ballot, has raised more than $1.7 million in opposition to the law. Washington United for Marriage has raised more than $8.9 million..